Monday, January 09, 2006

I have no idea how to title this - General update :-)

Once again a long time since the last post. Not much happened though, except maybe for the girlfriend (yup, no longer single).

The holiday, if one can call it that, was quite uneventfull. I spent most of my time at home (alone for a change) and spent my evenings with my lady friends (how come only my lady friends stayed in Pretoria this holiday?) drinking wine, loads of it, and watching dvds.

That's when it happened. Before I new it one of the ladies made a pass at me and from there on it all happend so quickly. And yes, as much as she'd like to deny it, she started it. I would never have bothered, and would never have known what I was missing. As most of my friends know I am, or rather was, very happy to be single. In fact I cherished my single life and occationally to satisfy the hormones indulged myself, never allowing myself to become attached. However, this one decided on something more permanent, and for some reason I did not feel the urge to run and hide. It felt safe, unlike all the others, and I like it.

Yes, I know. It's way too soon to be optimistic, and I'm not. Cautiously optimistic is more appropriate. I don't trust this yet, but maybe one day I will. At the moment I expect nothing from her, but still get everything. After only 2 weeks I can honestly say this is the longest I've let a relationship last and it's way more fun than I anticipated.

A note from a biker

So I'm not really a biker in the true sense, but still, I like to think of myself as a biker in the rough... I'm still thoroughly enjoying the bike. My buddies bike is now fully repaired after my accident. I've learned a valuable lesson with that. As much as I trust myself and my abilities, I cannot allow myself to be so careless, that's not really the right word but hey. All those other people who have no idea what they're doing, or the person who thinks she can multitask with a phone and driving (yes, I meant she, not he), they're the ones who cause the accidents. It's not the rest of us who pay attention.

OK, now I'm bored and tired. I need sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home